Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Inspiration. Want it? Need it?

So lately (like the past two or three-ish days) I have been feeling inspired to do something but I just dont know what it is I want to do. I've been listening to songs that have such conviction behind them and you can tell these people were clearly moved or touched or INSPIRED to make the song and the point comes across so clear and that is the kind of music I respect and love.
[Stand Up -Flobots]
[Keep Quiet -BarlowGirl]
[Hands Held High -Linkin Park]
[Money Parade -CYNE]
[Hero -Superchick]
[Love is Blind -Eve]
[Youth of the Nation -P.O.D]
Just to name a few.
Those songs are beyond lyrically genius. They make you think, and feel, and think more and I would love to be able to create something so moving, idk if moving is even the right word.. something so in your face but in a good way.
That makes me think, well I'm good at taking picture... but how can I take a picture that literally says 1000 words? I dont think I could ever compete with photos like this:

photo cred [photobucket user: vince11881]
Photobucket
photo cred [SOS Childrens Villages]
Photobucket
photo cred [Pierre Holtz, UNICEF]
Photobucket
photo cred [unknown]
Well, looking at those I can see what pulls at my heart and what I want to help with but I just dont know how or what I can do.
I plan on joining the Peace Corps after I graduate from college and I know that I want to, if not start a charity, be very active in donating to/helping in anyway possible with things like:
ONE.[www.ONE.org]
Can't Ignore the Poor. [www.myspace.com/cantignorethepoor]
Invisible Children. [www.invisiblechildren.com]
And hopefully more.
So, I'm not sure if this even says what I am feeling or anything I was planning on... to be honest I got distracted finding the pictures because there are soooooooo many... some I almost cried at... and yall know I dont cry. Anyway... I want to HELP. And I really hope that I find a way to do more then just blog about it.
Thanks for checking this out, and please check out the websites i listed and listen to the songs.

-Amber

1 comment:

  1. great! I like that you want to help, it's very...you...you've always been that way haha. amber you should see if ur school offers a photography class and take one...why arnt u majoring in like photography? or like human rights...can u even major in that? lol i know nothing..lol anyways.
    some of those pictures remind me of this movie we have to watch in my writing for media class...idk what its even really about yet she keeps showing us like scene by scene haha but its like in a different language but its called Tsotsi.
    and lately i've been thinking a lot about those charity's too...i think it has to do with my design project haha, and even more today when i talked to my teacher more about it, she made me think about it more!
    but, you rock! great post. and blogging is a start to helping, dont knock it!

    ReplyDelete